CEREC is a revolutionary way to restore damaged teeth in a single visit. Making your teeth beautiful and stronger than before.
We offer technology that will save you time and more of your original tooth with convenience and comfort.
What is CEREC?
- CEREC is an acronym for Chair side Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics.
- CEREC means we can quickly and economically restore damaged teeth using a durable ceramic material that matches the natural color of other teeth in your mouth.
What advantages does CEREC offer me?
- This crown restoration can be performed in a single visit, usually in about two hours.
- No need for us to make an impression and send it to a lab, so we wont inconvenience you by asking you to return for a second visit.
- The restoration is made of tooth-colored ceramic material therefore it’s natural looking.
- Metal free – no silver fillings to discolor your smile!
- The ceramic material is compatible with tissue in your mouth and is high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant.
- Allows extreme precision so we can save more of the healthy part of your tooth.
How does CEREC work?
- First, we prepare the damaged tooth and apply a thin layer of reflective powder directly on the tooth’s surface. Using a special camera, we then take a picture of the tooth. We work from this photo, which is actually a pin-sharp optical impression of the tooth.
- Computer Aided Design technology helps us design the restoration from the optical impression. You can actually watch us design your new restoration on a full-color computer monitor right before your eyes!
- Then CEREC creates an extremely precise restoration. A high-speed diamond bur and a disk work simultaneously to mill the restoration out of a solid block of ceramic material.
- Finally, we bond the newly milled restoration to the tooth using state-of-the-art adhesive dentistry.
- Over a decade of clinical research and experience supports the CEREC technology.